Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently brought a male Persion into our apartment in NYC and he seems to be a bit depressed. We think he need a friend and we were wondering what breed of cat he would mix with well. He loves to play with other cats, he lived with another cat for 4 weeks when we first got him. Maybe that is just the behavior of the the Persion breed but he does seem depressed.

Please Help.

ANDREW

·
Registered
265 Posts
How long have you had your cat for? If he's still fairly new to your household, just the change and adjustment to a new enviroment is enough to throw some cats off a bit.

As a Persian owner I can tell you that the breed can kind of have a moody side to them. Sampson(my Persian) can appear like he's down in the dumps to some because he lounges around and doesn't do much but I know that's what he likes to do and he's a very happy cat. And with those squishy little faces they always look so mad!

If you're serious about adopting another cat, make sure it's something you really want not just a playmate for your first cat. If it is, any cat that likes others would be a good match so it doesn't have to be a particular breed. There's plenty of wonderful cats in shelters looking for good homes. :)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I agree with Jessica. I'd get a younger cat who won't threaten her position as Alpha Cat. She got along with the other cats, right? Any breed would do, and I believe she'll enjoy the company!

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you go to the shelter to adopt another cat, you might ask the keepers for a "lap kitty", one that will get along with another cat. I am not familiar with Persians, and therefore, cannot give you any advice with certainty. However, you new cat does appear to want a little friend, especially if you are gone during the day at work. A few weeks ago our local shelter got in a snow shoe cat. I wanted her, so i brought her home with me. But after letting her out of the carrier, all she did was hide and growl at the other cats- even though they ignored her. Needless to say, I had to return her. BTW she was adopted last week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts