Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fed a stray cat all winter and then in the spring he disappeared. He has recently returned. He is an all black short-haired cat. I originally named him Shadow but then he started meowing at me and a quiet Shadow name did not seem appropriate. He was very nervous at first but is starting to be friendly with me. He is thin and small but I see him as a little, black panther. Any ideas??

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
Batman

He can grow into it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Muninn!

It's the name of one of Odin's Ravens (means 'memory'). Then get him a friend and name it Huginn. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I will try them all and see if he responds to any of them. He never responded to Shadow.

Panther, perhaps? o:
A good name - we'll see if he likes it.

or a shorter name since he is small, Puma?
Puma is cool.

Batman

He can grow into it.
I think he is full grown but somehow I think he might like the name.

Muninn!

It's the name of one of Odin's Ravens (means 'memory'). Then get him a friend and name it Huginn.
Thanks, I just learned something. I had to look up what Huginn meant. I'm not sure if cats like to be named after birds but since Odin fears they won't return it is appropriate. I worry when I don't see him.

Jasper.........
I like the name but I'm curious as to why you suggested it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A lady I work with took in a baby black stray. She thought it was a girl and named her Lucy. Well as it happens, ( more often than not ) she is a he. So she named it Jasper. I think it's perfect for a black cat.
Will he be an indoor cat now?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately I haven't seen the little guy since starting this thread.

Good idea since he disappears.

Will he be an indoor cat now?
I would love to find him a home but it is difficult. We live in a shoebox. The two cats do not always get along. The younger one is a little aggressive and the older one is very aggressive when he sees the stray too close. Both cats are 2-3 times the size of the stray. If I bring the stray inside and have to separate three cats it will be very difficult and stressful for everyone.

Shadow is a great name! Dont change!
I like it but once he started meowing at me every time I see him it didn't seem appropriate.

I recommend the name "Bill".
Why?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a black cat once and his name was Soot. He was a mess....always messing with the toilet paper and paper towels. He had a white brother that had a patch of black fur on his head and his name was Smudge.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He had a white brother that had a patch of black fur on his head and his name was Smudge.
We had a black and white cat named Smudge when I was a kid.

The little guy was back today but after eating he was more interested in what he heard/saw in the bushes than me or a name.

·
Registered
49 Posts
we have a black kitten and named him Lestat - his ears make him look like a bat and bats and vampires go together and he cuddles every night and tries to nurse on my neck. Plus...Lestat was the coolest vampire and this cat has got to be the quirkiest/coolest in all of philly (to me at least) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts