Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fallen in love with a friend's blue point Birman cat and would like to explore the possibility of getting one. Does anyone know of a breeder that can be trusted? I am about to retire and will have plenty of time at home now to take good care of a kitten.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would recommend visiting a few cat shows in your area. Talk to various breeders and see if they have anyone the can recommend for pet quality Birmans. The people who seriously show and breed their cats are not in it to make money, and most would probably be happy to tell you more about the breed and suggest breeders that you could get a kitten from.

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Good luck - and great choice of cat! I have a wonderful chocolate-point Birman and she's just the sweetest cat. :luv

·
Registered
333 Posts
May I suggest that you contact all of your local animal shelters and say you'd like to adopt a blue point Birman cat? Shelters receive animals of every type and breed, all of them in need of good homes. You might also search the internet for a specific rescue league. So many "purebred" animals are created, sold, and eventually given up or abandoned. There's a rescue group for just about every type of cat or dog.

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Good point. I got Cinderella - with papers - from Craigslist. $0

PRICELESS!! :luv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts