Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly the vet is closed and I need advice ASAP

My 6 month of kitten was neutered today and the surgery went fantastic. Upon bringing him home he started making raspy coughing noises. Sounds like he's trying to clear something in his throat/chest.
Should I be concerned?

Also my other cat who is 1.5 years is acting very strange around the kitten now. He usually loves the kitten and is always affectionate and wants to be around him. Well... He has been nothing but nasty since I brought the kitten home. Hissing, growing and swatting. The kitten does nothing in response as he's pretty sleepy.
Anyone know why he is acting so aggressive?

Thanks,

Melody

·
Super Moderator
26,882 Posts
Welcome, Melody!

I'm not sure about the raspy throat, could be from the anesthesia or the tube.

As far as the older cat being a bully, that's purrfectly normal. The kitten smells different since coming home from the vet. It should wear off in a day or two. There are a couple things you can do in the meantime, if you want. You can take a towel, rub it on each cat, taking turns, so they both smell the same. You could put a drop of vanilla extract on the back of each cat's neck.

Any pictures of your kitties you can share with us? :grin:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah about the coughing that and sneezing, the anesthesia can do that. If it persists, take him back.

The cat problems is just as the other person stated. Hope all goes well, and welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts