Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello i need some advice for my friends cat. im going to tell you the cats life story so that you all know what its going through so we can try and get to the center of the problem. the cat with the problem is named Sierra. she had been raised with another cat known as blazer and she loved him but he died a couple years ago and since then my friend tried getting her another cat friend known as tiga. Sierra never took to tiga but has gotten to the point were they put up with each other. but my friend has been going through many pets as of late. mostly dogs... lets just say i have been trying to teach my friend the proper care of animals and its been very stressfull because she was raised by people who think that if you get sick or bored of a animal you get rid of it and get a new one. so as i have been trying to help my friend understand things better she has been threw many pets in the last 2 years. she has been through 3 dogs, 1 of which had 3 puppies. now she has 3 chihuahua's and rabbits and rodents ontop of her 2 cats. but what has really messed with the poor kitty is that my friend was trying to sell her house and move and while her house was on display she had many different people watching her cats and she would just drop the cats off at their house and leave them there only to pick them up to take them home to bath and brush them. she has decided not to sell her house so the cats are back, but now she is making renovations on the house, on top of that my friend is pregnant and is having her sister live with her for the time being... so as you can see this poor kitty is under a lot of anxiety and stress. she is hissing and growling at every one, she is hiding when ever she can and has peed on the sisters bed. my friend got her some organic spray and collar remedy that is suppose to help with stress. i have told her to place her in a quite room with her food water and litter box and to make her a nice hiding place for now. what else do you think she could do to help this poor little kitty. thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give her to you? Poor kitty.
lol yeah, im surprised no one has given any suggestions when there has been so many views of this post. its a good thing the collar my friend got for her cat has made a huge difference and has helped her immensely.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Give her to you? Poor kitty.
poor kitty. poor dogs. poor rabbits. poor rodents. poor you for having to watch all this stuff go down! doesn't appear to be any hope of your friend ever actually learning a lesson out of all this unfortunately. how do you tell a "friend" she's unfit to take care of any animals, let alone a human baby?!? so, if/when she gets tired of the baby, is she going to get rid of it and get a new one, too?

i have a feeling there haven't been many other replies with suggestions because there is little that can be done in this situation. giving the kitty, and maybe all the rest of these poor animals to you seems like the only kind solution. but that doesn't stop the future problems when your friend goes out and gets other animals later. maybe you can make her read some articles about animal overpopulation and cruelty or something and hope she sees the light eventually. i wish you luck and hope you can reform your friend.

·
Super Moderator
26,657 Posts
lol yeah, im surprised no one has given any suggestions when there has been so many views of this post.
Most of the views are non-members. When you see at the bottom of the front page

460 (17 members and 443 guests)
that means there are 443 non-members (who can't post) reading the forum.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I've only just noticed this thread so sorry for not posting earlier. I think the advice you have given is very sound but I can't help feeling that the best thing that could happen for these poor animal (and possibly for your friend) would be if some formal organisation stepped in and started putting her under pressure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the views are non-members. When you see at the bottom of the front page

that means there are 443 non-members (who can't post) reading the forum.
thanks for pointing this out, this helps me feel better lol. also even though our friend ship has had some rough times, she has actually become about 70% better then what she was before. my only worry is once she has the child if it will all be to much and she will have a break down. but because she is a very good friend to me i try and always be there to help her out and show her the correct way of doing things. and to Arianwen, there were a couple times where i was about to call people on her but there has hardly ever been enough "abuse" or "neglect" for any one to legally get involved. so as she goes crazy with all these new pets she keeps getting, i am showing her the correct way to do things and it has helped her become so much better then before. it is very satisfying to know that even though she makes me want to pull my hair out while i try and help her with these pets, she is learning something and what i am doing is making a difference in the lives of the pets she gets. so thanks for the feed back guys! im glad my advice was correct ^_^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts