Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cat has been urinating on the carpet in several spots. After several vet visits with everything being OK, we've decided that the problem isn't between his legs, it's between his ears.

Step #1 (aside from being crazy anal about the litter boxes being clean), is to remove the existing odor from the carpet.

Here in lies my problem...

There are about 10000 products on the market for this purpose. So, I ask you, faithful cat owners, what is the BEST product for Urine Odor removal (from carpet), and if you had to do anything different to make it work (cover it with plastic for 24 hours, etc.)

Please please help me. I love my cats more than anything, but I've got to get rid of this smell or the problem will persist.

G

·
0 Posts
I've used Natures Miracle with great success. I also got a "Stinkfinder" which is a blacklight that shows exactly where the odor is coming from. Once pinpoint the odor and treat it, your cat should quit using that spot.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I second the vote for Nature's Miracle. I use my nose as an odor finder. :)

Make sure to soak the carpet all the way down through the pad. Use lots and lots. Put a fan on it to help it dry quickly and keep your cat away until it's thoroughly dry. Without a fan it could take up to two weeks to dry thoroughly.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I also notion Nature's Miracle, that stuff works good. I posted a topic for carpet cleaner long time ago but at the end of the post is also a tip using baking soda. Good Luck :!:

Carpet Cleaner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts