Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a three month old kitten that I have had now with me for two weeks. Unfotunately I have a problem with his sleep schedule. He seems to enjoy waking me at all hours of the night to play which means for the last two weeks I have not had a very good sleep each night.

I have tried wearing him out with extended play sessions during the evening before bed but that doesn't seem help anything.

Does any one have suggestions as what to do so that I can get a good night rest?

Thanks.

·
Registered
761 Posts
When nighttime comes, try putting him and a litter box in another room and keep him there until morning. This way you can sleep and he can stay up all night if he wants but it that room.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
As he gets a bit older, try again. It's nice to have a kitten sleep with you. His sleeping schedule might change. On occasion, my two will start chasing each other across the bed, and I just yell, "Hey!" and they stop, and cuddle in again. It's great to have a kitten, isnt' it?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have four kittens (six weeks old) so I understand the problem. If you can't wear the him out, try to ignore him. If none of these things help, put him in an other room during the night. He might scream and make noises but if you ignore the screams he'll stop, eventually. When he seems calm at night you can open the door so he can sleep ckoser to you if he want's to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will make the attempt in trying to keep him out of the bedroom this evening. Right now he is so young that he wants to be near me at all times and since I work during the day there is no way for me to keep him awake during the day.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
If you don't mind the wake up, you can always let him in your room until he is loud and then kick him out. That's what I'm doing with my 17 wk old kitten. He's slowly getting the picture but he hasn't slept quietly all night yet. My boyfriend sleeps like a dead log so he doesn't mind. I just have to get up to kick him out once a night.

tanyuh

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the same prob with my 15 week old kitten. On those nights when she just won't leave me alone, I put her in her carrier and she goes to sleep. Doing that everynight, and letting our housedogs play with her alot before bed usually gets her on schedule for a few nights...then it's back to attacking my feet and knocking things off my dresser. It's a vicious cycle but its the price you pay for such cute lil kitties!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts