Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, as of a week or so ago while rubbing my cats belly (Male, around 4 years) I noticed one of his nipples seemed to be red and hard to the touch, I checked his reaction and he didn’t seem to even notice I was touching him, which would be normal for him if not in pain. The nipple appeared to be gettin less red and irritated as of 3 days ago but since then has been around where it was when I found it, i am going to call and schedule a consultation with a vet as soon as I can afford it, my question would be if any one has any idea what it could be, and if so how concerned should I be?
It is only on one nipple has no smell, and feels scabbish, and he has no other irritations as far as I can tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
It could be breast cancer. Males cats can get it. He needs to be checked out by a vet ASAP.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Some cats male or female will suck their own teats, which can make them enlarged and reddish. Have you observed whether this is what is happening with your boy? Suggest you have him checked out by a vet to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Dusty799

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had this exact thing happen! I was really worried at first and then I caught him in the act. It cleared up in about a week and he hasn't done it since. I figured it might have just been stress related?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts