Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is -15 degrees in St. Paul right now.

The fuel line in my car is frozen and my boss wanted me to walk 5 blocks to get a can of Heet that would maybe start my car. I told him I would call him in an hour after I got it. What I really meant was I will call you in an hour but I'm not going to walk in the cold for a job I don't get paid for.

·
Banned
952 Posts
Your boss has really huge..... er.... expectations. Especially if this is an unpaid job. Wow.

I live in Central Massachusetts. Today is my standard every-other-Friday-off day, but even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be going in. My street hasn't even been plowed yet and everything's under what looks to be another foot of snow dumped by last night's storm.

AC

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Hey, I have experience along those lines! I lived in Minneapolis in the '80s. One time I was driving to meet a friend for breakfast when it was -11, and my gas line froze and car stalled in the middle of an intersection down in South Minneapolis. I walked 11 blocks to the restaurant, freezing the whole way. When I walked in, a woman who I've never seen before rushed over, put her hands on my ears, and said, "Honey, you have frostbite." Sure enough I did. So screw that! If it happened to me in -11, it'll happen to you in -15.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
One of those few times I'm glad I'm disabled and can't walk a couple hundred feet, let alone a couple blocks!
Though I don't live where it's so cold I couldn't use my car... so I'm stuck with having to go out, anyway (tried to do my last doctor visit on the 6th, which was only a consultation anyway, over the phone... noooo, they wanted me to still come in person *grump*)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Some people really have some nerve! My legs, hands, and face get frozen just walking out to the barn to feed the horses in weather like this. I can't imagine walking 5 blocks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts