Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
first, thank you for helping these cats. i wish there more people like yourself out there.

first thing to do is to get him altered as soon as possible. doing this will have an impact on his behavior as well as allow him a better chance at a good, healthy life.

also, contact alley cat allies Get Help - Alley Cat Allies. they offer assistance via e-mail and phone (their phone system is temporarily down). their website offers tons of info regarding feral cats and how you can best help them.

if you need tips on trying to socialize please start a thread in the feral cat forum. there are a few of us that have gone through it and you may be able to pick up a tip or two that will help.

good luck to all of you.

· Registered
273 Posts
great to hear.:smile:

$30 is an amazing bargain. for me, the cheapest clinic near me is $50 and since they book up in advance i need to get a hold of my local animal control officer to have her "sneak" one in for me the next day. the last one i trapped went to my regular vet since it was a holiday weekend and i didn't want to stress him out by keeping him in the trap for three days until the clinic opened. it cost me $360 since i had them do everything (de-worm, de-flea, test for fiv and felv, etc.) but it was worth it since it caused him so much less stress. plus, since i had been trying to catch the little bugger for so long it made me really happy knowing that it was done and he was back home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.