Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I want to know if there is someone that could help me. I have a 5 month old kitty. Her name is Fluffy and she means the world to me. I noticed that she has a clear anal discharge (like saliva), and she just poop and the color is redish/orange, really soft stool. I have been looking for information about it online and can't find it, the vets are closed now and I will have to wait till tomorrow to find out anything. She seems fine about everything else but I am terrified as this is my first cat and I don't know what's going on. If someone knows what might be wrong please send me a response. I'm really worried.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hi abby, I will try to help.

Is there an emergency vet you could call just for advice? This will provide better help than I can because I am not a DVM. You should also take the kitten's temperature and also see if she is dehydrated. Pick up the skin between her ears and see if it falls down quickly. If she is hydrated, it will fall down within a second. If it takes longer, she is dehydrated. Dehydration is serious and if you can't get to a vet until tomorrow, try mixing water in with wet food and see if she'll eat it. Is she eating/drinking? It is crucial that a cat eat, especially a kitten. Has she been laying around all day and sleeping and not being her active self? If so, she could have a fever. Take her temperature and see. I can't tell you what I think may be wrong, but I can only suggest these "symptom treatments" until you can see a vet. Is her belly firm and pot-belly like? It could be roundworm. Has she been dewormed?? How long has she had this diarrhea for? Could she have eaten something funny?

I hope she is just a little sick. Kitten's immune systems are pretty weak and they can catch something little quite easily.

Let us know.
tanyuh

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey abby663 I just took my 4 month old to the vet recently and they said her 101-102 was normal, so if you check maybe that will help.

also if she is dehydrated and doesn't seem interested in getting water from a bowl you can try wetting your fingers and see if she'll lick em, having the bowl close helps and can guide her mouth down to it slowly by moving fingers while trying to lick...

she eating? mines does 1/4 cup dry 3-4 times a day.

BTW - cute name Fluffy ;) hope she's well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds like cocciddia or Giardia to me. The blood/discharge in runny diarrhea is cocciddia. Don't worry though, if it is cocciddia it's fairly easy to treat! Trust me, I know. BTW, if it IS cocciddia, ask for the pill that actually KILLS cocciddia, not Albon. Albon just inhibits the growth and reproduction of coccidia so the immune system can kill it. Just my opinion....ask a vet though! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all

Hi I just wanted to thank all of you that responded to my question. I took Fluffy to the vet today(couldn't find an emergency vet around, had to wait till today for an appointment)but everything is fine. It may just have been an indigestion but they couldn't find anything wrong with her. I was told to keep on a strict diet with no treats(which may had been the problem)and give her food just 2 times a day. Well since she's our first kitty I didn't know and we keep her food out all the time (dry, can and treats). They will run test on her stool and when the test come back I'll let you guys know. Once again thank you very much for your concern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts