Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend got a nine week old kitten on friday. cutest thing ever, but her landlord got mad. if she gets one noise complaint, the kitten has to go. and it won't stop crying whenever my friend is gone. that little guy can howl, too. her landlord lives in the apartment above. any advice on what she can do? today she tried leaving a clock and a shirt that she had been wearing in the kitten's 'house'. does anyone have any other ideas?

he eats, drinks and uses the litter box fine. there is also an adult cat who already lived there, but the kitten spends it's time in my friends room while no one is home.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The only things I can think of, other then getting another kitten to keep him company (which I know most probably can't do if they didn't in the first place), is possibly but a small stuffed animal with him so he doesn't feel so alone. He might even snuggle up to it sleep with it. As long as it would be 'kitten proof'. I know I used to feel bad about leaving Kali alone (I still do when I actually do leave her alone) I'll usually leave the TV something that's not too loud or annoying, so that the noises and such might not make them feel so alone. My final thought would be soft music playing quietly in the backround, something without words would probably work best. (calming ocean noises or those odd tapes you can get for relaxation. :p) If they don't really work, at least the noise would muffle his whinning, hopefully keeping your friend from getting in trouble. I'm not expert but that's the best I can think of, maybe someone else who's had more experience can help you out. :) Good luck to your friend and maybe you could even get some pictures to show us? :wink: Have a great day!

- Randy

Edit- HAHA look at that! I got beat to the same answer. ;) I guess I wasn't too far off with my thoughts. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts