Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 6 month old recently nuteured kitten at home, he's always been loving and affectionate, he's a little timid but a good cat. Yesterday we adopted a 3 month old female. My cat is freaking out. He's so much bigger than her too. I placed the new kitten in her own room last night with her food and bed. When we brought them together my cat is attacking her like she was a mouse, at first it looks like they are playing but then he starts to bite her where she cries so we split them up and started to grab our cat by the neck when he would start biting her, he didn't like that too much. So not too long ago we tried to bring them together again and now he's acting really strange, he will approache her and start licking her to no end and then he starts all over again with the bitting. Is it that my cat doesn't know how to play and takes it too far or should I give it more time. Does the licking mean he's starting to accept her?? I could use all the help I can get. We gave her a bath yesterday hoping to elemated all the other cat she use to live with but that didn't really help . thanks

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You have to make the introduction slow and gradual for the best results. If you search this forum you'll find alot of stories and advice for introducing cats.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Yes take your time....2-3 weeks even.
Use a blanket and switch it back and forth.
I read in another thread today about using 'vanilla' on the cats too.

Good luck! Congratulations!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts