Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little tortoiseshell girl has yet to be named, but has earned the nickname "monkey". She has long, thin black legs with paws that she uses as hands to grab things with. She spends most of the time laying on her back (loves to have her belly rubbed) and sticking all four feet in the air. She will even bring one paw closer to her face, then draw it away, as if figuring out how these new eyes work.

We figured a name related to monkey would suit her well, but I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. Here is the word "monkey" in as many different languages as I could find.

Saru (Japanese)
Kyky (Egyptian)
Chuen/Kayam (Mayan)
Macaco (Portugese)
Lo ling (Thai)
Maruti (Hindu)
Monyet (Afrikaans)
Tumbiri (Swahili)
Tumbili (Kiswahili)
Simiino (Hausa)
Shoko (Shona)
Jiwe (Yoruba)

If you have any ideas, any more to add, or just think one name is really cool, let me know. :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
What about famous monkeys in television and similar? For example, Mr. Teeny is krusty the clown's monkey.

There's also donkey kong's son, diddy.

And zimbu from the dilbert comics.

I don't really like most of the names above, but Saru and Shoko are the least disliked for me...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I like Saru -- sounds very feminine and she looks like such a little princess to me. I also love the name Jiwe -- because I learned all about Yoruba in my African culture class. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

monkey in german is "Affe" and little monkey would be "Aeffchen" (pronounced "eph-yen"). Just thought I'd throw that out there!

Britta

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No decision yet, it's just so hard to pick the right name. I have a slight nitpick about giving an animal a name that fits perfectly. And there are so many choices! :p Keep letting me know what you like, I see a slight theme emerging here with "Saru" and a few other names.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts