Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our kitten 2 weeks ago she is about 9 weeks old her name is bones she is a female bengal. the first 4 days we had her she was vomitting and not eating at all. we brought her to one vet and he gave her a blood test it came back negative and said she was fine. so we brought her to another vet who kept her for two days on fliud iv-s and gave her several shots to stop the puking and a medication for the diarehha. he ran some tests and found nothing. sent her home. for the past week she has not puked, but continues to have slight diahrea. she sleeps all day and all night will only play for a short time. and she barley eats maybe 10 kernals a day if that of eukanuba kitten food. we are trying everthing, we give her poland spring water, pedialtye three times a day, and nutri-cal about once a day. and we just changed het cat litter from fresh step, to yesterdays news which is suppose to be just newspaper and cat safe,she is so skinny you can feel her bones, thats why my husband named her bones. we wanted to know how much is she suppose to eat? how much is she suppose to weigh? and how long is she suppose to sleep? we love her dearly and are very scared. :roll:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
How about upgrading her food? Try giving her a better brand such as Felidae or Wellness. There is a list with other good foods around her also. Low food quality is a high cause of diahrea. Also, if your giving dry food, try giving wet. My Teddy had trouble with dry for a while and started eating/gaining weight when switched to wet food.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kittens tend to really be vivacious eaters, and usually do want to eat all the time! a normal kitten usually tries to get into everything and should be very playful, and should not be sleeping all day. when we got our sasha, she was sleeping quite a bit, and we took her to the vet and discovered that she was sick. in my opinion, there is something wrong here. Maybe Dr.Jean will have some answers for you on this, but to me she doesnt sound normal. Definately try giving her some wet food, i would reccomend Wellness. good luck with your little one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:roll: I tried all still no good kitten seems to be getting worst I an now bringing kitten to the vet Hopping for the best

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vet

:roll: Ok more test (Aids test negative.Luk negative) now waiting on a test results called CdC ?or Csd ? it's another Blood test
I will find that test result out at 4 pm on April 13 also vet also gave a shot that will increases her appetite :?

·
Registered
611 Posts
My story is similar, although not quite as severe. I don't know if it's applicable at all but here goes.

When I brought my second cat from the humane society, she did not each much either. When she did eat, she puked several times. She also had persistent diarrhea. She was somewhat sleepy and certainly low energy and antisocial. Lots of shedding too.

As a part of the regular routine that one should do after adopting, I took her in for a full checkup. At that time, they mentioned that both symptoms are often stress related, because a new home is one of the most stressful things for a cat.

Furthermore, I stupidly chose the wrong variety of food to feed, having misread what the human society used (wysong vs wysong light). A quick switch of food can certainly exacerbate queasiness.

My cat eventually started eating more, but the diarrhea persisted. After several weeks, when it seemed like her behavior would indicate that she was adjusted, it was still there. I took her back into the vet, along with a stool sample (as requested). Well, it turned out that she had a tape worm.

Now this wasn't all that unusual of itself, I guess. But I also knew that when my first cat had been adopted, he also had a tapeworm shortly thereafter.

I would think that the vet who kept your cat for a couple of days would have diagnosed any worms or similar. So my thought is that the cat may be just incredibly stressed out.

I don't know if any of that is a help to you, but there it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D Ok she is doing much better with her injections of antibiotics she now seem to be a little piglet eating us out of house & home but now she seem to **** anywhere yesterday she **** in my Bed and it was a lake I have to keep a close eye on her :twisted:
:arrow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts