Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be traveling with my cat to LA, 6 hours driving. My problem is, every time my cat get away from home, he gets very stressful, afraid....
and I need to know how I can clam him down, make him to feel comfort, safe...
I tried some kind of spray that you use to comfort the cat, but it doesn't work for my cat!!
I want to know if there is any kind of medicine ?? or it'd be best if it can make him sleep for 6 hours.
I can't even bring him to the vet because it won't get into the cage...
I really need help plz!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
spacemonkey said:
Thanks spacemonkey for finding that! 8)

When we moved Marsh from breeder to our home, we drove 3 hours. Breeder gave Marsh BeneBac right before we left, and he slept all teh way home, very calm, not afraid at all. To me, this is an excellent solution that i saw work wonders :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bene-Bac

I already have a Feliway Spray and I tried that with my cat, it didn't work for him...
Anyone knows where to get the Bene-Bac tube??
thz...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Re: Bene-Bac

usagikei said:
I already have a Feliway Spray and I tried that with my cat, it didn't work for him...
Anyone knows where to get the Bene-Bac tube??
thz...
any pet store, like Petco or PetSmart. They're cheap, get the smallest size, maybe $1 to $3. Read directions as to how much to give per pound per cat. Good luck :D

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
My cats hate traveling in Pet Taxis - I'm assuming you take your cat in his holder?

What I did was get harnesses and leashes. I have three cats and we travel four hours to visit my parents a lot. They all have their "favorite" places in my Blazer and they sleep. If they're in holders, they howl and get extremely upset.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Crystal211 said:
My cats hate traveling in Pet Taxis - I'm assuming you take your cat in his holder?

What I did was get harnesses and leashes. I have three cats and we travel four hours to visit my parents a lot. They all have their "favorite" places in my Blazer and they sleep. If they're in holders, they howl and get extremely upset.
same with Marsh! If we try to hold him in a carrier in a car, he gets VERY upset, once the door is open and he's 'free' it's a different cat altogether :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts