Cat Forum banner

(need help) Wellness can lot number

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  doodlebug 
#1 ·
Do all of the wellness cans have lot numbers? I bought 2 cases of cans, and some have expiration printed twice and some don't have lot numbers below expiration date. If any of you feed wellness, could you check if some of your cans don't have lot numbers below expiration date? I just worry if I get the fake ones.

Thanks!

#2 ·
All my Wellness cans have both the lot numbers and expiration date stamped on the bottom of the can, and the food is "Made in the U.S.A."

#6 ·
They have fake Wellness cans? I can't imagine any reputable pet store or online distributor selling fake cans of any brand name food. Where are you buying your cat food from? Most pet stores or online distributors will get the cases of cat food directly from the manufacturer (well, packing plant, but you get the gist). What may be happening is you may have older cans that don't have all the information printed on them.

#8 ·
All my Wellness cans are stamped
BEST BY 05 APR 14
7WTSS1 11:08

Another can has different number 7WCCS1 and different time 11:12. Although I'm in Ontario, I buy my food at Pet Valu or Global pet stores and the food comes from the U.S.
Go figure.

#9 ·
Wellness has their cat cans made by a contract manufacturer who has multiple facilities in both the US and Canada. They are probably making cat cans in more than one facility and shipping to areas within their geography. Big box stores buy directly from Well-pet, independents like me buy from large distributors who deal directly with Well-pet. There is no black market for cat food like there is for name brand clothing and accessories...or even Furminators. If you got your Wellness from a pet supply store...it's real.

#10 ·
Unless it were to say something like Made in China and you're buying it from some shady store, I wouldn't worry. Anything made in Canada has to pass inspections and I've never heard of anything coming out of Canada that's a rip off of another brand... our regulations are too strict for something like that to slip under the radar.

Basically, what doodlebug said makes total sense.

#14 ·
It's unlikely that a cat would be allergic to a specific brand...but could be allergic to an ingredient in the food. But since he's recently had ringworm which is all about itchy skin I would think the issue is probably related to that and not food.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.