Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 6 cats 3 are Maine ****/Bengal/moggy all over 3 years I have always fed them royal canine mainecoon dry food that's down all the time they also have 1pouch of iams each I have recently got 1 oriental and 2 bengals 1 the bengals will be my first queen that I plan to breed from I have introduced royal canin kitten dry food they also eat iams kitten wet food about 2 pouches between them they also eat the Maine **** and the adult iams my problem is separating different foods for different breeds also the 3 older cars go out the other 3 are strictly house cats and I have no plans to change this should I change this diet or stick to what they all know their all very heathy and not overweight their coats are amazing very soft and glossy

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Royal Canin and Iams are definitely not the greatest foods. And the breed specific foods that RC puts out are just a big marketing gimmick and total bunch of hooey imo.

The more canned food the better, I recommend eliminating or at least minimizing the dry food. You can choose an all life stages food so that you don't have to have adult and kitten. Brands to look at: EVO, Wellness, Instinct, Go, Now, Earthborn, Taste of the Wild, Weruva, Tiki Cat, Natural Balance, Orijen, Acana and there's a few brands available in the UK that I don't remember the names of, maybe someone else will.

Check out Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health for more info on why canned is better.

Side note...please use some punctuation in your posts. Five lines of text with no punctuation is difficult to read.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts