Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here is the story, i live with my sister who is a widow with 3 young boys and 2 cats, one of the cats is rather old but very beautiful and can be very sweet if she feels like it. her name is seashell, she looks like a long haired Siamese, and is about 10 years at least, my sister got her from a very horrible man and doesn't know how old she was when she saved her from the person. anyways this little old kitty has been having some behavioral issues. the thing is right as our mother was dieing from cancer my sister happened upon a very sweet loving kitten and took him home, well as you can imagine seashell was not happy and still hates him. and then to make things worse on the old girl my husband and i moved in with our little pom right after the kitten came into the house. so a lot of change happened and seashells rebuttal was to poop and pee on my sisters bed when ever she was ticked off, such as if my dog was allowed on my sisters bed or if the new cat would try and play with her and my sister didn't stop him. some times she does it and we don't even know why, she doesn't do it all the time, but it is definitely very annoying when it does happen. so yeah this is were i am at a loss. do any of you have any ideas to help with this old girls problems?
side not: encase anyone was worried about our little pom chasing the cats she doesn't, she is very well behaved and knows to leave seashell alone. the funny thing is that the other cat known as tracker loves our pom and they play together and he grooms our little pom constantly. ^_^

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
first thing I would do is cart the old girl to the vet and check for a UTI. these can be stress related and cause the very issues you are asking about. Aslo treat the bed with Natures miracle. make sure you get the one for urine.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
I assume this is the same cat that you posted about in Health & Nutrition? In that thread I recommended a vet visit...after seeing this additional info, I want to emphatically recommend a vet visit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for all your input guys. i will talk to my sister try and convince her to take seashell to the vet.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I agree a vet visit is needed to rule out any medical issues. More than likely tho it is behavioral and her way of showing she is unhappy with the changes. If you can give Seashell some attention alone and away from the other cat and dog in a separate room every day as "her special time", it may help. Altho the Pom is not chasing her, she's an intruder into her life, and I think you need to respect the fact this senior kitty is jealous of the attention the new kitty and Pom are getting. Siamese like to have a lot of attention, and I think it's here way of showing that she feels ignored and isn't getting enough. If she likes to be gently groomed or played with, do it in her special time, and a few treats too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts