Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Everyone! Thank you for taking your time to read my post. I need info asap. Long story short - I am moving into a new home..... My gram passed away so I'm moving my family 3 cats, 2 girls under 10, n hubby into the home. My gram had a stray she cared for that she often let in.... And the past 1.5 months I've been doing the same while in her home. My mom (seasoned pet sitter and rescuer) thinks it will be easier to introduce my 3 and the new kitty in this new home as it may cut down on dominance issues. As it stands, all my kitties are wonderful with similar dispositions (including the stray). I've dewormed her and she is scheduled for spaying if she isn't already (she is so handleable, sweet, and house broken so she may have been cut loose or runaway). She isn't chipped and had been a visitor daily at my grams house for over 5 months. I desperately need suggestions on how to introduce everyone so things go smoothly. I know you can't predict everything but I want to make the best decision so it has a better chance of panning out. My kitties are all rescues around 7-9 years old..... The stray is an adult but could be a younger adult. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I agree with your mom that it will be easier to introduce the cats in the new home. Decide on which room you want to feed them, and then put down food on a couple of plates separated a few feet apart....and see how it turns out. I expect that your 3 will likely eat together at first, but maybe not. You'll soon find out who are the slow eaters and who's the piggy. Ideally it would be to have them equal in their speed of eating. I remember when I had more cats than just the two I have now, that one was a terrible piggy----and he had to be fed alone in another room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts