Cat Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Isn't it funny that to everyone except the bride, that seems like such a long time from now. :grin:
I honestly wish my cousin felt like this :) I was the maid of honor and things got so bad that I had to print and send out the invitations about 4 weeks before the wedding. (and she needed a final head count at 3 weeks out *facepalm*) I think I got more worked up about the wedding than she did. She was supposed to show up my mom's house to get her hair done at 11am, she didn't show until almost 2pm and we were supposed to be at the location for pictures at 4pm. We didn't get there until 5:45pm (the wedding was supposed to start at 6pm). I only have one more friend who I can think will ask me to be the maid of honor but she is more on the ball :)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
My cousin got married last month and she got to the church to get dressed and forgot one of her shoes. She was already in the dress so one of the bridesmaids went back to her house to get it...couldn't find it.... Cousin REFUSED to wear another pair. Then it was 3 Bridesmaids hunting for ONE shoe and a wedding that was 2 hours late.....(The poor caterers). Ex husband and I eloped to avoid all that ;)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My cousin got married last month and she got to the church to get dressed and forgot one of her shoes. She was already in the dress so one of the bridesmaids went back to her house to get it...couldn't find it.... Cousin REFUSED to wear another pair. Then it was 3 Bridesmaids hunting for ONE shoe and a wedding that was 2 hours late.....(The poor caterers). Ex husband and I eloped to avoid all that ;)
OMG that had to be crazy. I would have gone barefoot before making my wedding late (by more than a half hour). When I have to get dressed on location I make a checklist of stuff I need and pack the car the night before. Last time I didn't do that, I was going to the Ren Faire and I brought everything except my CORSET! Which is the last and most essential peice of my costume. Fortunately, I had budgeted to buy a new corset so I bought one and then had them dress me in the shop :D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't have any comments on the dresses that haven't already been mentioned by the other posters, but wanted to say Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! A ceremony by the beach sounds lovely. I hope the weather holds out for you.
Thank you :) I really hope the weather is good too. If not, the back up plan is to have the ceremony inside where we are having the reception so it wont be a total disaster but will limit our photo options.

I've been doing some more gathering of photos and am now considering maybe getting the girls to get a dress in a similar colour to the guys pants (not sure if it will suit my best friend as she is quite pale but we're shopping on Thursday) but all in different styles. I'm not too sure how it'd all look together with the guys on light colours too.. It could either work really well or look really bad cos there's too much of one colour.. (The two pics on the ends at the bottom for are more there for examples of different styles, not so much the colour.)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm not too sure how it'd all look together with the guys on light colours too.. It could either work really well or look really bad cos there's too much of one colour.. (The two pics on the ends at the bottom for are more there for examples of different styles, not so much the colour.)
How many bridesmaids are you having? You could put half of them in Sand colored dresses and the other half in the aqua. That way there could be more variety and people could choose something that compliments their skin tone. I'm glad my cousin did this with the wine and champagne dresses. I wouldn't have looked as good in a champagne dress.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How many bridesmaids are you having? You could put half of them in Sand colored dresses and the other half in the aqua. That way there could be more variety and people could choose something that compliments their skin tone. I'm glad my cousin did this with the wine and champagne dresses. I wouldn't have looked as good in a champagne dress.
There are 3 bridesmaids.. The one standing next to me is the pale one and the one at the end is the one that's more curvy and will need a style that looks good on her. We thought about maybe just having the one beside me wear teal & the others the sand colour but that may look a little odd, one in one colour and the others in another...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
There are 3 bridesmaids.. The one standing next to me is the pale one and the one at the end is the one that's more curvy and will need a style that looks good on her. We thought about maybe just having the one beside me wear teal & the others the sand colour but that may look a little odd, one in one colour and the others in another...
Maybe you could do a fade out effect? Have your maid of honor in a darker sand dress and have the one in the middle in a lighter dress an have the one on the end in the lightest dress.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I like your original idea of aqua or teal, especially if your pictures are taken on the beach. Depending on the khaki/cream color that you choose, your bridesmaids might be too close to the sand color. Also, would it be too weird if the guys had a bit of the coordinating color that the bridesmaids are wearing (as in a flower, puka shell bracelet or necklace, etc)? You could do the same for the girls so that they "match" the guys.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks to everyone for their opinions. After a few shopping trips, we finally got all the dresses. First, my Mum and I went shopping with the maid of honour (the one with pale skin). We discovered that a beige/cream looked good on her but pale colours like apricot and things with pink tones didn't look so good. She assured us she's happy to wear something beige.. So from there, we went looking for dresses.. There was one dress that two of them loved but the style didn't suit the 3rd & she wasn't comfortable in it. She found a dress she was comfortable in but it didn't look good on one of the other girls. So we decided getting 3 different dresses was definitely the way to go. That night, we got two of the three dresses. Took a couple of weeks to find the third as she's pretty tall and everything in the shops at the moment is very short! We decided we'd have to find something that we could a layer to the bottom to lengthen it. A few days after Christmas, we went shopping again and found a dress that looks really good on her. It was too short but on special so we figured we'd get 3 (went to pay and they scanned up half the price of what the already reduced price was - score!) I'm really happy with the three dresses together and that they're all going to be comfortable in what they're wearing.

I haven't gone the 'traditional' bridesmaid style dresses as we're having a beach ceremony so it would look funny having them in 'gowns'. Plus, my dress is a bridesmaid/prom dress that I ordered in white. It's very plain and simple but I absolutely love it!

The first dress will stay as is. The middle one, which is strapless, we are having a thick ribbon put around under the bust to cover the elastic and dress it up a little. The last (lace) one is the one we need to add to the length of. We have two spare dresses the same and will be getting the dress maker to cut one up and sew a second layer under at the bottom to give it a tiered affect.

·
Super Moderator
26,511 Posts
Wow, I really hope that's your fiancé holding up those dresses and not you.

:grin:

·
Super Moderator
26,511 Posts
Big time! And you'd better start today!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I love that middle dress. WIth the additions you mention it will be gorgeous. If I were the bridesmaid I would absolutely see about having it died another color after the wedding so I could keep wearing it. :p

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The middle dress is the dress we originally wanted them all to wear, I absolutely love that one too! One of the girls is a little bigger though and she wasn't comfortable at all in it, she said it made her feel like a big puffy meringue. I was so disappointed at first. I'm glad now that they all have a dress they are comfortable in. And a plus side to them all having different dresses is we don't have to worry about shoes matching, they can just wear whatever shoes they are comfortable in. Well, ceremony is barefoot so it's just shoes for the reception. :)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts