Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and I was wondering how you guys made the cat pictures look smooth and kind of cartoon-ish?

Here is an example of what I mean, done by ForJazz.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Tabassco....It is funny you ask! LOL!!! :lol:
I asked ForJazz the same question and as hard as I try...
I just cant get that glassy look that she gets with her work.
She is definatly ~~1 Super Talented Gal~~

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sitting here scratching my head look all over PSCS for a button that can do that, I eventually gave up and decided to ask. :lol: Members have some really nice effects in the graphics practice thread. :lol:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Well...I can try to tell you what she told me.
Since I use PaintShop....I cant get it the same.
I know that she uses the soften brush and brushes on the animals cheeks and foreheads...kind of like petting the fur with a small soft brush.
Then to define some areas she will do the same with a burn brush.
You gotta zoom in to do it I think.

Ok....now when she reads this she might laugh at me if I got it all wrong.

I love her ability to add such depth in the sigs....
everynow and then I get one to turn out like that...but
alot of my stuff lacks dimension and just look 'flat'...
All I can do is keep practicing! :D

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8O 8O I think I will stick with my 'flat' images :lol: Here is one I recently did for someone on another forum and I LOVE it, I wish it were mine... :p I wanted to use ForJazzs' technique for this sig, that is why I posted this question.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Dawn, of course I wouldn't laugh at you! You know what I was talking about -- I think you had it right.

I do use the blur brush, I play with the settings a lot so that I don't end up blurring the whole image. I change the size and opacity of the brush. Then I "pet" the fur like dawn said. I zoom in so that I can easily see where it's the most pixelated and fix it that way. Then yep -- I go around the photo and enhance the shadows with the burn brush.

I tend to cut carefully around the animal so that there is no white or black space around the edges. Then I choose colors for behind it that will accent the animal even more. Sometimes I add shadows and sometimes I add light, depending on what I think will look better. At least...I try. ;)

I'm not sure if you were referring to the background as well, but I don't really use tubes or other images for backgrounds -- I make almost all of mine from scratch so I'd need to know exactly which one in order to tell you how I did it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For Jazz definately is very talented with her work. I absolutely adore my sigs that she made for me.

I have tried on several occasions to make my own but they don't compare at all.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I dont consider myself even close to ForJazz in talent,
I have a LONG way to go!
I am learning more everday....but thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tabassco said:
Ack don't say that, you are VERY good. cagnes is awesome and ForJazz is nice, mine are yucky :lol:
Thank you very much for the compliment, you are way too kind! :lol: ForJazz is in a totally different league, she's an inspiration for all of us wanabes... lol!

Tabassco, I've seen what you can do & you are very good... I love your work! Definitely not yucky! :sad

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
You guys are too sweet. And you're not right. haha -- but if I were you I would take that as a huge compliment that this thread was dug up after being OVER a month old -- just to add that comment about you. Wow...interesting. ;) When it showed up in my email notification I thought "what? I can't remember posting in any photoshop help threads lately..."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts