Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son got married in August to a wonderful young woman, love her like my own. They found out at the end of the year they are having a baby! However, when she was a baby herself she was diagnosed as having retinoblastoma, a type of eye cancer. Doctors could not save her eye. That never stopped her of doing anything and she is healthy now. They just met with a geneticist this morning and were informed that there is a fifty percent chance the baby might inherit the same disease. Please, I am asking for prayers, positive thoughts, healing vibes, whatever you believe in for my little grand baby. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.
Ana

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Oh you have ours for a good result. But should your grandchild have this problem she has an awesome mom to help her overcome those challenges

·
Registered
0 Posts
Positive thoughts and prayers for a healthy grandchild!

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Sending all of my best wishes and positive thoughts that the baby doesn't also have this eye cancer. But if he/she does, then mom will be a wonderful role model and will teach her/him that it isn't a disability. When is your grand-baby due?

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The baby is due middle of August. I forgot to mention that at the appointment today, they did an ultrasound and it looks like it is a boy! Blanca and Gerry are thinking about naming him Nicholas. They are going to be wonderful parents.

You have no idea how much I appreciate everybody's prayers, thoughts, and healing wishes for the baby. I will keep updating as we learn more. Thank you again.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
More Prayers and Healing Vibes going to the baby, and babies Mom!:)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Sending prayers that the baby will not have the eye cancer as well. I have a friend who went through the adult form of this cancer, right after she found out she was pregnant. She had to have the surgery while pregnant, and while she was awake.....she felt nothing, but could see, so it was weird. That was 13 years ago. She is completely cancer free, and you cannot even tell she has a prosthetic eye.

I pray your grand baby will be spared of this cancer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts