Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is the first time i am gonna experience with some kat, as my mother decided that our apartment is too big and empty, sad. "We need a cat" Said she. After some searching and stuff, we came to idea that the cat we just need, is bengal cat. We found one, and we are gonna buy it this sunday (most likely) . I really should use some information, its far away and we gunna take the kat by car. What if he gets nervous ? What if he will be depressed cuz of his new home ? Should we take some cover to the car ? Please spill out all the advices/whatever i should use. I would be very greatful. Also tell me how to get him used to his new home... thanx ya all :)

(Sorry if this topic belongs to another category)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Just be aware the cat may need some time to get adjusted to your new home surrounding and it may take a short while or a little bit longer for some. Be patient with the cat and make sure you make it feel welcome. After a while, your cat will own the apt and walk around as if your living in its home, hehe. Make sure you get scratching posts, treats for when the cat is good, clean litterbox makes the cat happy too, and good nutritious food for the cat. Hope everything works out! Let us know the updates of your kitty. :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, i will ! I will post some photos even.

*edit*

And i have a one question, the kitty is 4,5 months old and weights 4 KG, isnt that too much ? I mean, wont i miss the times when the cat was young ? It has some advantages, its allready used to use the litterbox, and we know that hes got perfect character ... but when i saw this photo of 12 weeks bengal, i thought this is the best age for a cat ... Please somebody answer me ...

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
4-5 months isnt too far from the 3 month age really. I got my 2 cats when they were about 4 months old and I still thought they were babies especially compared to now. They got pretty big compared to the pictures I took long time ago. :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
If I were you, I'd get a kitty carrier. They're not expensive at all. Just pick one up at K Mart or Walmart. The kitten will probably be nervous in the car, and jump away and under the seats. Then, when you get home and open the car door, he could dart, and you'd lose him. You'll need a cat carrier every time you take him to the vet. It's a handy and inexpensive item-indispensable!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate all advices you give me, the cat carrier looks like a must-have, but i guess i want to introduce myself to him and calm him etc. Maybe i should put him in the carrier when we get home ... the lady who is selling him promised to buy everything we need, and will give us advices we need ...hopefully we will get him home without problems :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
A cat carrier is a good idea...especially when transferring him from your car to the apartment and such. If you are just holding him in your arms, what if he gets scared and jumps out of your arms? Better to play it safe with a carrier in these situations. Then once you get home, you can set the carrier with the door open so that he has a place to run and hide in while he is getting used to his new home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts