Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, one of my babies (Yuyu) was diagnosed with neuro FIP. My vet did an FCOV test and it was positive. I have to force-feed her as she can't eat her own. She walk so unstable but luckily I got the medicine from curefip. Really appreciate that the cure exists as I lose my Tutu (Yuyu brother) to FIP previously. I really wanted my Yuyu to win this battle.
Today is Yuyu's 35th day of treatment. A long way to go. She does show a lot of improvement. She can walk, jump & eat on her own.

I was planning to bring in another stray cat. But I am not sure it is okay to do so because there is a lot of people who are saying FIP is caused by stress. Please help and advise. 馃檹

Registered
Hi Sara,

Nice to meet you. I am new here as well. I also have a FIP cat. I heard from some self help group that is better not to bring in any new cat home for at least 6 months after the treatment stops. Apparently the virus will stay in the house and might affect the stray cat. I have a question, do i need to complete 84 days of treatment? My cat is also doing very well now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Amelia,
Nice to meet you too. Appreciate your reply. I will take note of it. From what I know from the community group FIP Cure, yes 84days is recommended. Try not to stop the treatment halfway, it will help to lower the relapse. I also wanted my Yuyu to finish the whole treatment because I afraid it will have a relapse.

Registered
Any treatment like this has to be continued until the treatment period is over and all of the medication is used. to stop because the animal is doing better will only make the virus stronger and it it possible that will make it come back resistant to the treatment.
Never bring in a new cat while one of them is still on treatment. Best to get the cat seen by a vet and tested to be sure that there's no possibility of infecting another cat. And have the new cat tested before bringing him or her into the home as well, so that you don't re-infect your cat(s) by bringing in an infected cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts