Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out there in the cold with the drop trap trying to trap the last, oldest and most clever female. No sight of her since she saw me trap her last kitten. None of the food in the trap - I left the drop trap open so she would eat there and not feel threatened - had been eaten.

So I decided to call a neighbor who has been feeding the cats. I had asked her several times to place stop so I can trap them. "Oh, I thought you meant just that one night," she says.
UGH.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She has promised to stop feeding the cats. This last one is so so clever. I also feed bad because I have taken her babies and the rest of the her colony.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's back. I left food under the drop trap so she would get used to eating there. Tomorrow I'll try to pull the string when she goes in.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been out there in the cold with the drop trap trying to trap the last, oldest and most clever female. No sight of her since she saw me trap her last kitten. None of the food in the trap - I left the drop trap open so she would eat there and not feel threatened - had been eaten.

So I decided to call a neighbor who has been feeding the cats. I had asked her several times to place stop so I can trap them. "Oh, I thought you meant just that one night," she says.
UGH.......
ha ha
what a dumb neighbour. But at least she is kind feeding them.

what do you do with cats/kittens once you trap them?

·
Banned
470 Posts
ha ha
what a dumb neighbour. But at least she is kind feeding them.

what do you do with cats/kittens once you trap them?
Yeah, but if you don't TNR, its really just making matters worse for the kitties in the long run, as w/ such a high birth rate there are just too many mouths to feed. And you start running into other issues like came up in the wildlife conservation thread recently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts