Cat Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
He's doing good! Not totally back to normal - he isn't as nimble or active but that's to be expected. He is eating/drinking/using litterbox and purring and being cuddly. I'm so happy!

Well Maleke, at any rate, this thread will help you know what to expect. I hope your kitten's neutering is a success as well

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
That's great, Tanyuh! He smells funny to Samhain. Rub her down really well with a towel, and then rub him with the towel, back and forth a couple of times so they have the same smell. I'm glad now that the vet kept my pets overnight!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks guys!

I will try the scent mixing later tonight. She is getting better but she sniffs his bum hehe, then he says "hey, what's the deal??" and turns around and glares at her and then she hisses at him. You'd think after over 3 months she'd be used to his butt smell by now.

Jeanie, the reason they don't keep them overnight is because its a specific spay and neuter place for strays and such. The adoption agency had us bring him there so that they could ensure that we had him neutered. It was in our adoption contract and the cost was part of the adoption fee. I was going to just bring him to our vet but they charge $250 for neuter (why so expensive, i have *no* idea) and then we had already paid $100 for the adoption fee anyway.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts