Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh! im taking my kitty to get neutured and i'm nervous :? they said bring him in around 8ish in the morning and **** be ready by 4 -430..is that normal? i asked if they will be doing any blood tests before hand and they said no as long as it's healthy they will do the procedure...i know my cats healthy he's had all his shots and everything...i'm taking him to a pet clinic since my vet charges $200 and extra for antibiotics..but the clinic doesnt charge extra for antibiotics..should i be worried or no? this is my first time :?

·
Registered
135 Posts
It sounds like they know what they are doing. Usually the cat needs to be at the clinic for a few hours after the operation so he can be monitored and they can make sure he is fine after the anesthesia. I know you must be really nervous but try not to worry, I am sure the clinic has a lot of experience with neutering so trust them :roll: :roll: And I know it is easier said than done…

·
Registered
77 Posts
All of that sounds fine. How's he feeling now? Vets are really good at this kind of thing since they do it all the time! Yay for you for taking good care of your cats and doing the responsible thing. :)

~Heather

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have to admit somthing. I'm terrified of getting Envy spayed, now before you think "OMG she's not gonna get her spayed?!!" no, I AM going to get her spayed, i'm just afraid of the operation honestly. Growing up we always had male cats, and neutering is no biggy, but spaying is much more complicated and I am going to be pacing the floors worried sick until they tell me she's out of surgery and she's doing fine. Envy is my BABY, I would never get over it if somthing happened to her.

So to calm my fears...anyone have any statistics on the number of spay fatalities vs. the number of spays done every year in the US?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had Phoebe spayed on Tuesday and she stayed overnight at the vet. I picked her up Wednesday afternoon and she was doing great. The procedure went very well and she's doing just fine at home now. I'm sure Envy will be just fine! I know how you feel though, I was nervous about Phoebe as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts