Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vet that we took our 4-month-old kitten to for neutering said to restrict him to a small room for 10 days to limit his movements. It's been 4 days so far in the bathroom for Kitty and he's not very happy, understandably. Do we really need to keep him in there another 6 days or can he come out and be in the rest of the house again? I wonder if the vet's instructions were general to all spaying/neutering of dogs and cats. We can keep him in the bathroom for longer but I figured I'd ask the experts. What say you?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I didn’t restrict my little girl after getting her spayed. My household consisted of just me. I kept my eye on her and everything worked out. I guess the vet might of made that suggestion if your household is pretty busy with other pets or young children around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was more like a vet aide passing out a handout to all of the pet owners who were getting their pets spayed or neutered that day. This vet only does spaying/neutering. The aide read off the handout and it says 10 days confined to a small area. In fact it says you can use a carrier. I can't imagine making a cat stay in the carrier for 10 days except when the owner is right there with the cat.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I agree. That would be so cruel to keep a kitty confined in a cat carrier. I think the vet is saying this so they won’t be held accountable if anything goes wrong post surgery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts