Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scratching my suddenly very itchy leg today, when Prince decided to help me.

:!:

If your cat offers help, decline it politely.

He still doesn't understand why my lukewarm show of gratitude. :-o8-O:yikes

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just imagine how cute it'd be if your cat decides to help you pull your glove off with the teeth as we usually do... :yikes

·
Banned
203 Posts
Ouch!! :)

I repeatedly ask Dagny to wash up the dishes while I'm at work to no avail. This would not be painful for me though.......

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess Prince figured since I always help him scratch his itchy spots, he'd show the same good will...

I always scratch my strays' itchy ears. I sincerely hope they don't decide to return the favor!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, I had assistance putting my tights on this morning. Guy at work looked at my laddered legs and said "you have cats?".

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL Coyote, your cat was just trying to straighten them.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Don't have them help with sewing, either!
(or knitting, crocheting, weaving, lace-making, etc.)

At least if I mess up a project, I can blame it on the cat's "help"! LOL

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That must have been great fun. How did you stop the helper? Stopping cats from doing things, as I think most members know, is not the easiest thing in the world to do.

On top of that, I have a feeling that scratching has some sort of significance for cats. When I had Zenobi I wanted to encourage her to scratch at a sheet of plywood that a previous stray had used for that purpose. The method I tried was to demonstrate by scratching on it with my fingers. Zenobi, who was sitting on the open back stairs leading up to the sundeck, went crazy. When I put my hand out to her as I asked what was up, I was subjected to frantic lovebites. I ran indoors for five minutes.

So I'm wondering if Prince got some sort of message from your scratching.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, indeed I was just joking about the "helping". I think Prince mistook my leg for a toy in that moment and, seeing as I scratched the toy, he did the same.

How do you interpret Zenobi's reaction?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts