Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this video on TNR. Its very well done. Feel free to cross post on your blogs or facepages too.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think this is one of the most touching and well done video Ive seen on TNR. This week our TNR group had a tent at an art festival. Weve been invited to have a tent for free the last 5 years at the festival. I spent the whole week explaining TNR and meeting other people who are from other parts of the US and doing TNR. There was such a big difference from the first year to this year as far as people not knowing about TNR to this year so many people who are doing TNR. It is happening and we are making a difference!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think this is one of the most touching and well done video Ive seen on TNR. This week our TNR group had a tent at an art festival. Weve been invited to have a tent for free the last 5 years at the festival. I spent the whole week explaining TNR and meeting other people who are from other parts of the US and doing TNR. There was such a big difference from the first year to this year as far as people not knowing about TNR to this year so many people who are doing TNR. It is happening and we are making a difference!
Fantastic news! I'm just considering getting involved in Washington State.

Thanks for this thread and video.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you make the leap to TNR with a group. 7 of us started in mid 2006. We run around 20 people doing different jobs in our group. Most are retired and some are snow birds so our numbers fluxuate.

We partner up and help each other. Some people just drive cats to and from S/N appt. Some people just write thank yous for donations, some just foster, some do the trapping and roll out of bed in the middle of the night to check traps. It makes a difference to do it together. Weve all formed a bond. Everyone has a key to my house. We share meds, food, syringes, kennels, etc. If someone needs something we can usually locate it among our members. We work hard together, laugh often, cry together and share triumphs together. Its very satisfying. Were the most active group in 3 counties because so many are retired cat loving people.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would like to do that, but there is no place to take the cats to operate what is free or at least cheap. So even if I want to, I can not do it. The doctor is terrible expensive here. :(

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
This video brought a tear to my eye. So inspirational, SO true. I've seen it myself in my own city; it works. Our low cost spay neuter clinic, and the work of the local TNR groups has made a drastic, drastic difference in my community.

TNR works. Stop the killing. Spread the word.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts