Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just when I thought the family was complete with 7 cats, I now find myself with #8.

My brother and his wife had to move and could not take their 2 kitties with them, so I got the girl, she is 12 years old grey tabby with tan spots and somewhat grumpy.
She wants to be petted, then oftentimes will turn around and smack ya!!!

My neice and her boyfriend took the male cat, he's a sweet orange tabby. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
8 cats!!! WOW!! I wish I could have 8 :))

I also thought that two cats is a perfect number, but the situation gonna change pretty soon. Right after St. Valentine's Day... :D :D :D

Good luck to you and your cats!!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Stormy, we had a cat who did that also. She loved to be petted, but she would eventually scratch the one petting her. The vet said sometimes a cat will suddenly have a feeling like a severe itch, and they just can't stand the stimulation any longer. That didn't help us, though! The Order of the Scratched Ones! :roll:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi seashell...Ooops I can't believe I forgot to tell you her name!! :oops:

My sister in law called her Babe-ums...but I cannot seriously call her (or any cat I guess) that...so I've been calling her Baby Girl...sounds close enough to Babe-ums, to not confuse her.

Jeanie, I think that may be right, because she does have itchy skin, my sister in law gave me this hydrocortisone meds the vet gave her because she over cleans her belly and her fur is really thin...all over.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I got the impression that this could happen with any cat with a sensitive nervous system, but your cat's itch would make it even worse. If you happen to touch a very sensitive spot, I can understand why the cat would strike out. I hope the hydrocortisone helps her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts