Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Name's Cinzia (Chin-see-a) - Cinz for short (Ch-nz). Most people find it hard to say or just plain weird. Anyways. I'm obviously new here. I'm nervous as I usually am with new things that have rules etc. Always scared of messing up by mistake (not the type to cause havoc on purpose!). This is the first time I've joined any type of forum in quite some time...about 7 years to be exact; so I'm a little rusty. But I hope to become a regular like I was when I was running around the internet at the age of 13. Enough about that though:

I have 5 cats and wish I could have 3 million more which is why I joined this site. 3 of them are boys: Jasper, Levi and Samson (Jasper being the oldest). The two girls are Atari and Xena. Samson and Xena are Atari's adorable kittens about 3 months of age. Neither Jasper nor Levi are their father - they'r e both neutered. Apparently the stray running around our complex I was hoping to make friends with, made VERY good friends with Atari. Unfortunately, according to my mom, he was run over a couple weeks into Tarina's (Atari's) pregnancy :( . Many would criticize us for letting her get pregnant in the first place but my parents maintained that she was still young and we'd get her "fixed" once she grew a bit more...they were in denial about cat biology - Just because she could still be considered a 'kitten' does not mean she isn't able to produce more! The folks rarely listen to me when taking animals to the vet is concerned :fust Either way I wanted her to have a litter and all 6 kittens (including Samson and Xena) were given to homes we had checked out and made sure were worthy of their cuteness.

Wow this is a bit longer than I thought I'd make it...But I have to mention my other pets - feel guilty otherwise: I have 2 female dogs, Donna and Ebony. 2 birds, Wind and Nameless, plus a bearded dragon named Mango.

So as you can see I really love my animals and would have many more if it were possible. I'm glad I found CatForum so I can share all of my feline madness with other feline-lovers without being considered a little loony :jump

·
Registered
55 Posts
welcome! you have a lot of interesting pets. I have 3 cats and 2 frogs, the aquatic black clawed kind. they are so cute! anyway welcome!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I happen to like your name! Very pretty! I wish I could have 5 kitties. Hubby will only let me have these two for now. You should post some pictures of yours! I bet they're all cuties!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I'm a long time cat mom. Had a shaded Silver Persian from 1980-1998 and then couldn't bear to get another because I missed her so much and knew I could never "replace" her. Finally last year I adopted a 10 month old male seal point Himalayan ("Yeti") and just love him. this fall I adopted two more - kitten siblings, one male flame point ("Kabuki") and one female ("Mishka"). They are a handful! Amazingly enough, although I was prepared for a slow introductory period, they bonded right out of the carrier and all run and play together. The kittens think Yeti is their mom and he thinks they are his kittens.

Mishka was terribly shy at first but is coming out of it nicely. I made a point of handling her a little every day and now I let her come to me. She likes to curl up next to me and nap. Kabuki is a little dynamo who loves everyone and would steal your lunch if you let him, and Yeti is a love.

Himmies have almost dog-like personalities; they are extremely sociable and unafraid of people. To the contrary, mine greet guests at the door and are always in the same room with us. Then they walk the guest to the door to get a good night head pat.

I'm lookign forwward to reading all your posts and learning about your cats and experiences...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Im Meg and have had cats all my life. Right now i have 2 tabbys who are 2 years old 1 boy Fival and a girl Peek-a-boo i adopted them both from a local rescue in NE where my husband is from. Peek-a-boo is a shy kitty she takes a wile to warm up to new people and i mean 6 months or more of being around everyday. Shes latched right on to me and has become my kitty. Fival loves everyone. he gets skittish around things moving and loud noises but if its just people coming over to hang out he is ll over them. I lso have 2 dogs Smokey is a 9 y/o lab/ pittbull mix he loves everyone and is very gentle and last but not least Minnie who is a 7 y/o rottie who is a big love bug. she loves anyone who will give her attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts