Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 6 yr old orange tabby cat who was formally an outdoor/indoor cat for a few years and is now a primarly indoor cat. He also used to live in a few big houses and now moved with me to an apartment. I take him outside every now and then on a harness but recently have had problems with him wanting to go outside.
Recently, he was putting his paws under the door and meowing (all night) causing me to loose serious sleep. I took him outside earlier and let him eat grass and wonder a little bit but it still wasn't enough for him. What can I do to stop this problem?? I live a in somewhat busy area and don't let him go far unless we are at my finacee's parent's house in a rural area. (still on a harness). I have tried using the no stress cat spray, taking him outside, spraying a little bit of water on him by going by the door, and the calming plug ins from Petco. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apperciated!! I just want him to be calm and relax. I plan on taking him outside for 2 hours this weekend when I am at my finacee's parent's house to let him get this spring fever out of his system. ANY HELP would be great!! :)
Rachel

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only thing to help this behavior is time and patience. In my opinion, taking him outside is confusing him. Give him a window he can look out instead.

Before bed, play with him...tire him out. Feed him before you go to bed. He should sleep better, and so will you.

Sandy
momma to Pipsqueek and Frantic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts