Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my cats has come up with a new bad habit. He's starting to push the water dish around...spilling water all over the floor. We tried stopping it by putting the dish up on the table, but you can guess what happened then.

For some reason, he only does it when we're home. Any way to stop this?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
You can get something like a Buddy Bowl so that if your kitty does knock over the bowl it won't spill all over. It is hard to clean, but it does work.

·
Banned
12,197 Posts
I saw some really neat cat dishes at a local pet store. They were low, wide dishes with wide rims, so as to be hard to tip over and spill food and water out of, and to not interfere with cat whiskers, and also the bottom was coated with a rubbery material which prevent them from sliding. They were quite expensive, though. Over $15 apiece, if I remember right.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Our cat Remo puts ONE hand (paw) in the bowl as he's drinking. He also tumps it over.

We have a HUGE round stainless steel pan about 4 inches high that we put the large water dish in. (we have 4 inside kitties) I don't know why he doesn't tump it over anymore - but he still puts his hand in there!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
If he's just pushing it around, you can try a rubber mat under the dish, that's what we do with our pets that like to skid the dish sround the floor. :D

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
My guess is he's bored and trying out a new game. If that's the case, an easy and fun solution to yout problem is to spend more time playing with him. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cats new habit, and take full blame for this, is biting my toes as i sit here at my computer cross-leggged.

I have a lamp in here, and started playing with a shadow of a straw on the floor and she went bananas. I'd stop, she'd jump up on the hard drive on the floor, bite my toes, so I'd turn around and play with the straw shadow, then turn back around, bite bite, straw shadow, and on and on. Now I don't wanna have to make the shadow ever 5 seconds, but she just tries and tries, nibble nibble.

I've created a toe nibbling monster.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I have a harder time keeping toddlers out of the pet water.

In any case....we use an old 3 gallon pail for the cat water.
It is a square pail and very heavy when full.
IT IS HUGE!!! LOL

The dogs have an even larger bucket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts