Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent all day saturday bathing, brushing, and clipping two of the boys. The minis get such a winter coat on them, especially Spot, it's just easier to clip them. So, I thought I'd share some before and afters.

Tony when he came to us the middle of April this year. What you can't tell by the photo, because his winter hair hides it, is that he was pretty skinny!

Tony after clipping, and at a healthier weight.......telling me what he thought of me annoying him all day! :lol: (I didn't get the legs clipped yet, in case you are wondering why they are a different color than his body. :wink: )

Spot in his winter woolies!

Spot clipped. Note the little question mark on his hip. :lol:

Spot was so excited to get back to the pasture after a long day, he just ran and ran and ran!

Wish us luck.......today is wild baby Aurora's turn! I'm sure she won't be all to pleased with us! :wink:

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
this is a stupid question Geri (but Im blonde I can ask) do you use a electric clipper all over him or curry it out and just clip the mane???

I have an old dressing table brush that was my great grandmother and it was made of horse hair! do you keep the hair or give it to the birds to use in their nests?

Tony is looking so much healthier. Spot has to be one of the most gorgeous horses Ive ever seen. Love the question mark!!! How unique :!:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use an electric Oster A5 clippers Merry. It's quicker! Spots hair just would not brush out, it gets way to thick.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy Moly Heidi!!!! 8O That was AWESOME! Being a spot freak, that thoroughly made my day! That mini is absolutely beautiful! I can't even imagine how long that took to train him to that level either! Thank you for sharing that link!

I've been trying to keep in touch with the breeder we got Spot from, hoping that we can get another foal to match him. I'd love to have a team of spotted to drive!!!! So far, I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, and I won't be ready to buy until I do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts