Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11yo male DLH (Altered) has now started into incessant meowing to get my attention. He meows to direct me to his food bowl which is full of food (dry) and his wet food bowl which is also full. Where ever I am he comes to me and directs me to come with him to the food bowl. If I am on the computer he comes and stands in front of the screen, If I am watching TV he also is standing on the end table in my face and meowing. If I happen to walk into the kitchen it would be as if I was carrying a wreath of cat nip with me. Any ideas?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Strange that he just started doing that, did you change his food recently, or has he had a sore belly/been eating less/more than usual? Have you moved houses, changed his feeding times, changed a routine, changed your work times? Just throwing random ideas out there. Our cats both yell at us the whole time we're in the kitchen, even if they've recently been fed so I feel your pain!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the past 7 months another male has been moved into the house. But there is no competition between the food for food. They have separate feeding stations. Been thinking he wants more attention because of the other male???

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sometimes cats think they can trick you into giving them more yummy food if they bug you enough. (Which most people Do give in xD)
Even if it was only a treat, or some food he used to get, he probably remembers and wants that instead.
Cats are so picky...

·
Super Moderator
26,810 Posts
Cinderella liked to have me sit near her when she ate. It even helped if I told her what a good girl she was while she was eating.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Could be his "nose is a little out of joint" with the new male in the house. I would give him lots of special attention. As for leading you to the kitchen, maybe he's trying to tell he wants a change of food. Do you rotate between brands and flavors? If not, give it a try.

Sometimes when older cats start loud meowing it's a sign they're losing their hearing. Try clapping behind him or some other noise to test his hearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts