Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to Petco to buy a carrier for the kitty for the plane. I'm really fretting over the whole thing. They said a maximum of 9" tall for the carrier to fit under the seat, but the cat has to be able to stand up and turn around. I bought a soft one because the only hard one they had that was 9" tall or less was 8" tall and just looked way too small. I asked the people at Petco if this was okay for flights and they said yes, one even said they used one herself for her cat. Just gotta smush it down a little to fit it under there. Fingers crossed??

In any case, I brought it home and showed it to the kitty (I really need a name for him). This is what happened then, and again later while I was eating dinner. Think he likes it? :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It looks nice. Is the bottom pretty sturdy? I hope your kitty will do well - I am happy it all worked out in the end - with the travelling arrangements :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Everytime I look at him he reminds me of a race horse with that little white patch on his head. You could name him Smarty Jones. :lol:

So cute!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have one of those and they do indeed fit under the seat. You just have to squish it under there horizontally, but it kind of takes up about a quarter of the space under the person's seat next to you. Just be sure to tell the person sitting next to you that you have a kitty in there. So that, A) they don't kick your kitty and B) incase they are allergic. I just flew Sigma up to Canada and back this summer so if you have any questions about your trip, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread.

Good luck!
~Tanya

·
Registered
465 Posts
It looks great - I'm dreading the day that I have to travel with animals - with 6 animals and three people... we'd need to take at least two trips.

He looks like my grandmother's cat, Moses...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts