Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 5 cats ranging from 8 to 2 years old. We recently took in a 5ish month old. I'm not sure if there is a problem with his eating habit because he did again about a half a pound in the first two weeks we had him but we rarely ever see him eating. He knows where the bowls are and when we place him in front of them he eats for a few seconds but that's it to not see him there again unless he is being very stealthy as I'm pretty much here all day. When we give them treats, he vacuums them down like no tomorrow and pushes the others out of the way to get theirs as well. Also if we decide to give him can food, he sucks that down in about 2 minutes. It's hard to tell if it's just because it's something new or he is very hungry and not eating the dry food all the others are eating. I assume he may be eating as he spends time in the boxes if you know what I mean. We didn't have this problem with any of the others. They all took to the dry food right off even our first two who were about 3 months old when we got them.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'd just feed him the canned to be sure he's getting enough calories; kittens need a lot of energy to support their rapid growth. My two kittens eat like hogs...

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
A kitten should be free fed for atleast the first 8 months of its life. Preferably your rifling soft food to him all day. You should be weighing him once a week to make sure he is gaining weight if your not seeing him eat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts