Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have my lovely new cat (thanks for the advice in the other thread) and everything is going great, expect she missed the litter tray by about 3 rooms! what can i do to get her to use it! she 8 years and meant to be litter trained.

thanks,
Kylie

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Congratulations on your new kitty!

Have you shown her where the tray is? You might need to have a couple of litter trays until she gets the idea of going in one place.

Trust me, better ideas will come along.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
What I did when we moved here to the new house, and when I introduced Zoey to her new home, was start out with the litter box in a place that's very easy for her to find. I put ours in the hallway between our dining and living area. It was right at the top of the steps to the basement, where it would eventually go. I left it there for about a week, and then when she was using it good, I moved it down to the bottom of the steps. After a week at the bottom, I moved it around the corner, and then eventually to where I wanted it placed. It may not take that long for your kitty, a week is just what I used before moving it to the next spot. This has always worked well for me.

Good luck, and congrats on your new baby! Share pics when you get a chance.

P.S. You might want to wash the spot where she did go potty, and use a pet oder spray with enzymes in it to get rid of the smell on that spot. I just get mine at Wal-Mart. It might help keep her from going there again, the enzymes will help remove the smell.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
If you have a larger home, you might consider getting her a second litter box. :)
Arianwen likes the convenience of having two litter boxes in my 3 bedroom home. :eek:rcat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts