Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a multiple cat household. I used to feed a kitten outside my house. I adopted him and brought him into the house when he was over an year. He used to shout continuously in the beginning. I booked an appointment for his neuter surgery. But due to lockdown his surgery has been cancelled. He's now 2 years old. Now his behavior is unbearable. He's shouting very loud 24/7 except while he was eating and sleeping. My neighbours are complaining about the noise. I tried to take him to the vet 2 times now. But I can't.. He's biting me. He used to be nice with me before but now he's running away from me. The real problem is all my cats are getting disturbed. My neutered Male cats are fighting with each other. They are having serious injuries. Even my female cats are getting very angry with this cat. His own sister is getting irritated with him. I'm really very scared for all my cats. He has become very aggressive. I'm literally hiding all my cats from him. It is a mess now. My mom is telling me to leave this cat. What to do? Please give me some solution!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Being un-neutered is fueling his aggression and noise.......for your safety and the other cats, try and keep him in one room, or with one of the cats he gets along with that he likes. As soon as possible, find a vet that will neuter him, say it's an "emergency" as he has become very aggressive and biting you and other cats.
For all the cats, get some calming substances. Here's a link that should be helpful:

Note that calming substances should be in form of dried herbs only.
Tinctures should be avoided...they are concentrated herbal extracts made by soaking the bark, berries, leaves (dried or fresh), or roots from one or more plants in alcohol or vinegar.
Essential Oils should never be administered to cats they affect the functioning of the liver.

Also suggest you have play sessions twice a day at least with your 2 year old aggressive male, with a wand toy ("Da Bird", a long springy stick with feathers on the end), and flick it around as if a bird flying and let is land on floor or chair, so that your boy can pounce on it......also drag it around in a snake-like motion and let him chase it. Siphoning off some of his energy and then giving him some dried catnip to eat should calm him down. When he's in a loud meowy mood, toss a toy across the room--it's better if he doesn't see you throw it! , or roll a ping pong ball on the floor, or in a bath tub. This should distract him from meowing. Also distract him with food puzzle toys. Don't put out all the toys at once and leave them, put them away when he tires of them. All the best! and hope some of these suggestions will lessen your boy's noisy meowing until he gets neutered..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! There is this wonderful supplement that I think will really help your kitty and you! I bought mine at Whole Foods but you ca get cheaper off of AmazonSmiles. It is called RescueRemedy. You just have to touch the cat somewhere on their skin with the oil. So you put it on your finger then on the cat. Usually I put it behind their ears. Sounds like you may have to be more creative. It will at least calm the kitty while you bring them to the vet. I use it for my pets when there are fireworks. it just immediately calms them without any harmful effects. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts