Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new on the forum but i am looking for some advice. Hope someone can help.
We adopted a 2 yr old cat and she is very sweet and loveable to her humans and loves to play. But she has not taken to our other 2 cats well and they are all in the 2 to 3yrs age group. She chases them and swipes and claws them already has scratch our one more timid cat across the nose and she makes our other more braver cat hiss and growl at her and then both my original cats will go hide that i can hardly find them.
Is there a technique to correct my new cats hostility. Help...

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Depending on whether your adopted 2 y.o. cat had a good "socialization period" with her mommacat and any siblings together for the first 3 mos. of her life will depend on how well she will accept your new cats. During the critical socialization period she would have learned control of her bite and claws, how to read cat body language and sounds, and how to behave. So even with a good introduction your girl may not accept well these two "intruders". Jackson Galaxy has good method of cat intros that you can try----follow it thoroughly and don't let the cats get together until they're ready.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts