Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Claire and I am looking for some advice. We took on 2 rescue cats after their owner passes away, 6 years ago (brother and sister) approx 5 years old and they have the most beautiful temperaments, never scratches, bit, hissed, they were just so affectionate....we really hit the jackpot. They got along so well and snuggled up often. and Sadly my beautiful Daisy passed away last year from a blood clot.

We have just brought another rescue cat in and we did the separation, scent swap, sniff through the door, visual through glass and then meeting gradually over a week. The new cat who is 4 also has a lovely temperament and apart from being weary and sussing each other out, there has only been a little meowing when they are closer and no aggression or fighting whatsoever. My question is, for those who had a similar experience, how long did it take for them to fully accept each other? Does the fact that they have no aggression towards each other mean they will be buds?

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Best buds? in your situation, IMO more than likely. As far as length of time to really accept each other, it depends on the cats' temperaments, experience, social lessons learned in their interactions with their momacat and litter mates and other cats in the first 3 months of their life. It can be right away to never adjusting!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts