Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since this morning I've been sucking up to my cats... my little baby because he is lonely - and my big cat - because of my little cat.

I've been playing... feeding... playing... giving supliments... playing... teaching... did I happen to forget playing? At first I thought I had done the right thing by NOT getting another cat right away - think of having to give TWO little kittens vitamines, petting, brushing, love, training etc... etc... what a fool I was... at least they could have kept each other company... and I wouldn't feel so bad about leaving him alone in the bathroom for a couple hours before I go in to pet him for like.. 5 hours! I wish I could've gotten a little baby for him to play with - so he wouldn't cry. And this is just the first day! Maybe I should've taken a nap instead of camping next to the bathroom.

Btw - I'm not mad - or regretting getting him - he is precious - but I feel so guilty for not being in there every second he is awake!

Tigger is a bit grumpy - I'm not sure if he KNOWS there is a cat upstairs... or if he is avoiding him... or maybe he just thinks I'm petting some other cat on the sly... *sigh* I think my hands are numb from all the petting.

Should I be doing this - stressing myself out that is? It's been so long since I've had a kitten - and I've never had to introduce my cats to other cats - they have always been related. Should I give him more free time - or is what I'm doing ok?

I'm a little worried about introducing my baby to my BIG baby. I'm hoping that they would get along... Tigger isn't that bad of a cat... I hope. He fights with every other cat he comes across... He weighs 18 pounds... Mr. Halifax weighs 2... I'm a bit nervious. Tigger wasn't neautered until after sexual maturity - so he is very territorial. I'm not sure if I'm going to have to keep Mr. Halifax in my bathroom forever or not... scarey prospect! I'm not sure if Vanilla on the back will make me feel good about putting a kitten in with a cat that has eatten bigger things than him. Mr. Halifax isn't neautered yet - he's not even 12 weeks old - and I don't think I'll be able to neauter him until a week from now. Should I wait until then?

Other than that he is fine - he is eatting... a lot - and he is going potty and seems normal.

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Try not to stress out TOO much, but I know it's hard. Everytime I add a new animal to my zoo, I go through the same thing.....and it's especally hard when the new one is a tiny baby. I think vanilla would be worth a shot...you won't really know how Tigger will react until you actually try....just keep a close eye on things!!! Good luck, and try to have fun :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts