Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live with my daughter. My cat is about 5, and very much Top Cat. She has been happy since my daughter's 2 older cats died, but she just got a new kitten. Both are females. We strictly kept to the guidelines for introducing new cats to the house, but my cat is still hissing and batting at every opportunity. I don't expect affection between them, but civility would be nice. Help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had 2 cats and adopted a poor Siamese mix. SHE constantly bullied the other 2. Then I adopted a black, a priceless bi color and the dearest EVER black boy. THEY just kept out of her way! THEN I adopted a spotted Tabby (Benji). FIRST thing HE did was to walk over to my 27 inch tall 90 pound Standard Poodle (not an error) who was asleep and whacked him on the noseS! Poor dog woke up with a "what? Ben claimed him as his! THEN HE went after my bullying Siamese who complained and ran from him.

Earlier I had a Mom and a daughter who would not get along and no matter how much money I paid cat behaviorists it never changed.

I do not believe there is anything to be done except to scold the offender!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
How long has it been?

I live with my daughter. My cat is about 5, and very much Top Cat. She has been happy since my daughter's 2 older cats died, but she just got a new kitten. Both are females. We strictly kept to the guidelines for introducing new cats to the house, but my cat is still hissing and batting at every opportunity. I don't expect affection between them, but civility would be nice. Help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts