Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this board and I decided to join because recently I got a kittn but I have next to no idea what to do aside from books. I got her because my father was at the laundromat we own and he saw a man with a box. My particular kitty was sticking his head out and meowling and the man shoved him back into the box (In 90 degree weather no less!) and my father inquired as to what was wrong and the man said he was giving away kittens because he took them to the animal shelter but he found there were already 20 cats there, in addition to 3 litters of kittens, and this was not a no kill shelter :( So my father picked out one and brought it home because my brother has always wanted a cat (He's 12 and pretty responsible).

Well, I own a lot of animals including 2 mice, 2 birds, 1 ferret, and one dog. So I uh, wasn't really looking for another pet but, the rule in our house is, you get it you keep it. I'm a seinor dog owner but I've never had a cat.

Her and my ferret get along well I suppose. For the first day all they did was stare at each other... But the dog is scared of the cat and the cat is scared of the dog (She's a friendly dog, a Cockapoo named Pepsi. About 9 pounds) and the dog is scared of the cat because she keeps on hissing at her. Thought I guess that was natural for the first day and I hope they'll get to be better friends in a few weeks.

She's a unregistered (I think?) grey/black tabby named Isis. And 6 weeks old (!) Or so the guy told my father. That's too young to be away from her mother! She ate a few mouthfulls of canned cat food, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't buy a milk replacer for a week and just use a little of it. She won't drink out of the water bowl and I'm worried she'll get dehydrated.

Well thanks for listening to my ramble. I'll post pictures later!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the advice Sol! I went to Petco and got KMR and she seems to like it. I'll take her for a checkup in 3 weeks then (And vaccinations)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ioana! l'd never declaw a cat. It's such a cruel thing to do, I might just get caps for her nails if the post doesn't work. I wouldn't let her outside (We have outside cats in our area , so that wouldn't go over too well)

Otherwise, I'll follow what you said. Thank you again for the info :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.