Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I've always liked cats as a kid, but never really owned one. This year, I found myself moving out on my own and deciding to get a pet cat as a companion. So far, it's been working out well, though she isn't what I expected in a cat. She is very affectionate, and even-tempered. She is also really easy to take care of, and likes to sleep with me, and be around people. She has never scratched anyone in anger, and is patient even with my niece, who is two years old. I'm lucky to have such a nice kitty.

I adopted my cat from the Hawaiian Humane Society, and she was as friendly as can be. She was 6 yrs. 2 mo. old when I got her in June. She was turned in as a stray, but was already fixed and probably had an owner in the past. The folks at the Humane Society named her Squirrel. I knew I wanted an adult cat, and that I wanted to adopt so I could get a good idea what kind of cat I was bringing home personality-wise. I went to the Humane Society at least 5 or 6 times before settling on Squirrel, and I'm pretty glad I did.

From even before I adopted Squirrel, I'd find myself googling the Interwebs every so often, looking for cat info, so I figured I should join a forum. Mahalo to all of you for your posts, as I'm sure I'll benefit from your sharing!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts