Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home a Siamese cat from the SPCA 2 weeks ago. Over the past week I have found urine in 2 spots. 2 times in my sons bed and once in my other sons closet.

One day this week i went into my sons room and found the urine on his bed. His sheets were stripped from his own nighttime accident, and the cat had peed on the plastic underliner. Cleanup was easy, but I figure the smell remains (to the cat) even after using Clorox wipes. This has also happened tonight, which is the 2nd time in 3 days or so. I thought this could be from the cat smelling my sons pee maybe?

Also yesterday, there was pee on a comforter folded in my other sons closet. this is the cover my older (and first) cat sleeps on sometimes.

I didnt know at first which cat it might be. Older one is a 5 yr old female, younger (new) is a 3 yr old male. Both are fixed.
They are still trying to get along, but have their moments. She is very dominant towards him though.

I am starting to think it is the new male though, because when I saw the new pee spot I sat him by it and he acted like he didnt like it and knew he did something bad. The female then walked up to it and was sniffing the cover. that led me to think it was the males.

I am going to get some enzyme cleaner (thanks for the tips forums). I dont think it is a UTI since the litter boxes are both being used as well (2 boxes).

Any advice is great because I would love to keep both cats around but wont be able to take this peeing forever.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Welcome, I think your best bet would be a trip to the vet to rule out UTI. No one can tell just by looking or litterbox use if a UTI is present. That requires a urinalysis to rule that problem out. If a UTI is present, treatment should help very quickly, with anti-inflamatories, antibiotics and/or a diet change. If neither cat has a UTI, then we can discuss behavior issues.

The #1 reason cats pee inappropriately, is because of UTI's. This is why I think that possibility should be ruled out, first.
heidi =^..^=

1 - 2 of 2 Posts