Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Christine. I have always had cats and recently lost the two that I have had since college. I now have a tuxedo named Remy who is about 8 months old. He is fixed and loves our dog JoJo but keeps peeing on our dog's bed. Hoping to get some suggestions on how to prevent any more issues.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
First of all I'm assuming Remy is neutered? If not, that's #1 thing to do first. Remy likely misses the two cats that recently passed on, and it's good to hear that he loves your dog. Does he have more then one litter box? If not, get another and put it in a different location in a quiet area free from traffic. Also use some "cat attract" litter and see if that makes a difference. Peeing on "JoJo"'s bed sounds like he is territory marking, and this is difficult to correct if it has become a habit especially if any of his scent of his pee is in the dog's bed. You may have to get JoJo a new bed and cover it with a blanket that can be laundered regularly. Perhaps a new cat tree, that is rubbed regularly with catnip may distract Remy away from the dog's bed. Hope some of these suggestions are helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.