Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I found a 12 week old kitten, Wally, at WalMart and brought him home. He is a very loveable and wonderful animal at times, but now that he is older and more familiar with his surroundings, he is becoming a holy terror. He will not leave my other cat, Sadie, alone, and is always picking fights with her even though she is twice his size and three times his weight. He hogs all my attention and I cannot get a moment's peace and spend some quality Mommy-Sadie time with my first cat, who I can tell is extremely attention-starved. She looks at me like I've betrayed her and don't love her anymore. What's worse, Wally is most active at night and has a bad habit of tearing across the house, getting into things, knocking things over, and crying even though my bedroom door is open. He also won't let Sadie on the bed, and I miss having my fluffy footwarmer Sadie sleeping with me. I don't want to have to get rid of Wally. I keep telling myself it's because he's still a kitten, and a male one at that. He has been fixed, but that hasn't calmed him down at all. Will he eventually grow out of this reckless, annoying stage? I've had cats in the past that were rambunctious until they reached a year of age and finally settled down, but he is ten times worse than anything I've faced thusfar. I would really appreciate some advice so I can get back to my healthy relationship with my wonderful, perfect baby Sadie.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Sounds like normal kitten behavior to me. :D
When Nanook was younger, even though Little-one (older cat) and he got along, I'd put him in another room sometimes so I could have alone time with Little-one and give him a break from his little brother.
It may also help if you gie the little terror a good play session before bedtime.
From what I gather, Wally is about 6-7 months old which is prime " I'm king of the castle" time. He's just feeling his oats and testing his bounderies.
Nanook and Little-one where very rambunctious kittens and have turned into the most wonderful, loving cats.
Oh, and now that I think of it, Little-one did stop sleeping on the bed for quite a while after Nanook came along and it did make me sad. But that changed and now I'm pinned down ever night by both of them! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts